3 pounds whole bologna
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1/4 cup Sweet BBQ Rub
1/2 cup BBQ Sauce
- Preheat your smoker to 225 degrees F.
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, score the bologna about 1/8th of an inch thick in a diamond pattern on all sides of the bologna.
- Slather the bologna chub with the yellow mustard and then sprinkle all around with the sweet rub, opening the slits slightly with your fingers to get that seasoning into the cuts you just made.
- Smoke with the lid closed for at least 3 hours, but up to 4 hours. Bologna is pre-cooked, so you’re just going to the amount of color and smoke flavor on the outside of your bologna that you like.
- During the last 30 minutes, brush on all sides with the BBQ sauce.
- Slice warm into small cubes and serve as an appetizer or chill completely and slice as thin or thick as you like for smoked bologna sandwiches.